Friday, February 19, 2010

Hid Street Legal HID Lighting Kits: Are They Street Legal In The US?

HID Lighting Kits: Are they street legal in the US? - hid street legal

I have read before, without exception, all batches HID conversion is not street legal in the U.S. - from NHTSA

Even if the manufacturer or dealer installed.

It is permissible if it was built in the original production vehicle.

You can make a step without) to a "take conversion kit" (a little variety, but.

I know that does not necessarily mean something. You can use all sorts of things that the street lights are not legal - you buy at places like Pep Boys. There is some fine print on these things: "No Legal Street. For the all-terrain and / or used. Or something like that.

So, what is the real deal?

As it is today - or legalnot r?

What I seek the answers to my question.
And no opinions about how the world should be.
No information about the headlights.
Not all the links that the answer can perform.

Please answer the question I asked.

1 comments:

shelcom said...

Check the packaging to see that it is DOT approved for street use. If this is not the package must say "not allowed to use for the road.
I must say that I am not convinced that the more expensive HID lights are worth. The light tends to annoy other drivers, almost as high beam quality.

Post a Comment